Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Favourites

 

As you read this I'm jetting off for a week in sunny Portugal with Rob (thank god for scheduled posts).  For me, June has been pretty busy so the last four weeks have flown by!  These are the beauty bits I've been loving this month.

Skincare-wise I have to admit I love using La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat all year round, but when it's a bit warmer this moisturiser is a god send.  It gives me a much-needed hydration hit without the grease - perfect for oily girls like me!

For my base, I have been loving the Illamasqua Matte Veil primer, it's the only thing I've found that actually helps keep shine away on my oily face, and it's the perfect partner for another of my June Favourites - the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation.  Although this is pretty light coverage for me, I'm a sucker for a mineral powder foundation and I really love the finish of this.  Keep your eyes peeled for a full review soon.

I bought this Eco Tools Travel Set mainly for the little powder brush to pop in my bag, but all three of them are so good - I've used the angled brush to fill in my brows every day since buying it.  Another beauty tool that I can't get enough of this month is my Tangle Teaser.  I use this every day, but it really came into it's own on holiday - after a dip in the pool its so difficult to de-tangle my hair and this is the only thing that stops actual tears (#firstworldproblems).

On my lips, pretty unsurprisingly I've been loving the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak which has quickly become my all-time favourite lipstick, it's a gorgeous colour that never leaves me lips.  I've also used the Nivea HydroCare SPF15 lip balm a lot this month. I was desperate for a lip balm with SPF for my holiday and wasn't really expecting it to be quite as hydrating as it is - it's so lovely to use and feels really light on the lips.

I'd love to read your favourites posts, so leave your links in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Eco Tools brushes too, great post! My June Favourites post is below :) Enjoy Portugal!

    http://thedesigndisciple.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/june-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, heading straight there! x

      Delete
  2. Here is the link to mine ->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLcg2UVpApA

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // The Deaf Side of Makeup

    ReplyDelete