Sunday 4 August 2013

MAC Lipstick Collection

MAC Lipstick Collection

MAC Lipstick Collection

MAC Lipstick Collection Swatches
Ruby Woo, Viva Glam Nicki Minaj, Impassioned, Costa Chic, Coral Bliss

Although my collection of MAC lipsticks is a small one, I'm really happy with it - I have shades for all occasions and I regularly reach for all five options.  I love high street lip products, but there's nothing like the longevity, pigmentation and delicious scent of a MAC lipstick.
Ruby Woo (review here) is the perfect red for my skin tone.  I regularly reach for this in the cooler months and love to pair it with a cat-eye flick of eyeliner.  It is the only matte I have tried from MAC and although it is drying (what else would you expect from a matte lipstick?), it is comfortable to wear and incredibly long lasting.  I can go six hours eating, drinking and chatting before needing to reapply this which I love!

Viva Glam Nicki was my first MAC lipstick and it is seriously bright.  This neon yellow-toned pink is a satin finish and it's very creamy, moisturising and easy to wear.  I prefer to apply this with my finger over a slick of balm of gloss to tone down its brightness and make it more every-day appropriate.  The main reason for purchasing this was because it's part of the Viva Glam line - all profits from the Viva Glam lipsticks go towards helping women, men and children living with and affected by aids.

Impassioned (review here) is a relatively new addition to my collection.  This vibrant fuchsia earns itself regular compliments with it's bold opaque shade and perfect amplified crème finish.  It's a gorgeous shade if your brave enough to wear it out in public, and it is the perfect accompaniment for Nars Desire (review here) lightly dusted over the apples of your cheeks.

Costa Chic is a perfect shade for summer.  Please excuse the mess, it has a tendency to melt every time the sun comes out, but apart from that it's gorgeous.  The frosted finish isn't too shimmery and works perfectly with this orangey coral shade.  This lipstick looks wonderful next to tanned skin, and it really comfortable to wear.  It isn't as long lasting as the matte or crème finishes, but I'm happy to reapply every few hours.

Coral Bliss is the newest addition to my little collection, but has quickly become my favourite.  This subtle peachy coral is easy to wear, suits all occasions and is such a beautiful shade.  Although I love bright lips, this is the shade I've reached for most mornings recently and it has already earned a place in my all time favourites.

And that is it! A few gorgeous shades in different finishes and I'm not currently lusting after any other colours - I'm happy with my little family of five!  What is your favourite MAC lipstick? Do you go for bold brights or subtle neutrals?


No comments:

Post a Comment