Tuesday 15 July 2014

Holiday: Albufeira, Portugal


For the first week of July, Rob and I jetted off to Portugal for a week in the sun.  Portugal is a country I'd never visited, but I definitely recommend it.  We stayed in the Paraiso hotel in Albufeira which was in such a good location - smack bang in between the gorgeous Old Town and the strip, so both are easy to walk to.



The weather was absolutely beautiful and we both absolutely made the most of the all inclusive drinks.  We spent most days lounging around the hotel pool topping up our tan.  Six out of the seven days we were there the weather was gorgeous, and we didn't mind the day of clouds to recover from our burnt noses!

In the evenings after our all-inclusive meal we usually headed to either Old town or the Strip, usually to grab a drink or a sweet treat.  The Old Town  (above) was especially beautiful with a maze of streets lined with white buildings teeming with people of all ages.  Its such a lovely holiday destination for groups of friends, couples or families.


Rob - top: Jack and Jones, shorts: H&M
Me - dress: AX Paris, bag: Topshop

Even though we were all-inclusive how could we resist these delicious-looking crepes? Two nights we popped to a cute little place on the strip for crepes with ice cream and they were worth every penny - mmmmmm.  This dress was my favourite of the holiday, I love the little daisy pattern around the edges and lately I just can't get enough of mint green!


Towards the end of the holiday, we walked to the Marina and hopped on a speedboat which took us around some pretty impressive caves around the coast and we had the opportunity to see some really beautiful parts of the country.  At the end of the trip we were lucky enough to see a huge pod of dolphins, there were at least 15 and they were so close to us - I'm a bit of a dolphin lover and I really enjoyed every bit of the trip!

We had such a lovely holiday, we both really enjoyed and would definitely go back one day in the future.  We can't help lusting over a holiday next summer now that we're home in cloudy Wales, and we both have Greece on our minds - any island recommendations are definitely welcome!

2 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS AND THOSE CREPES LOOK AMAZING ;-;
    I haven't been down to a coastal area in so long; I can't believe you were lucky enough to swim near dolphins! INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted even better than they look! I absolutely adore the sea, I get to the coast as often as I can, even in dreary Wales :) x

      Delete