Sunday 28 July 2013

Holiday Beauty Favourites

Holiday Beauty Favourites
Marc Jacobs Daisy Limited Edition Summer, Benefit Hoola, La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat, MAC Coral Bliss, Lancaster Tan Maximising After Sun

These are the five products I found myself reaching for every single day during my fortnight in the South of France.  Quite a few evenings we went out to various towns in the area, including St Tropez, Cannes and Monaco, so on these occasions I made a bit of an effort.

A duty-free purchase I definitely don't regret picking up is the LE Summer Edition of Marc Jacobs Daisy.  It smells light and summery: the perfect holiday scent.  I spritzed this on every evening and had compliments off everyone!

The La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat moisturiser was applied religiously, especially to my nose to avoid any peeling.  I managed to avoid looking like a shedding reptile for the whole two weeks thanks for this, and it left a matte finish for me to apply make-up to.  When I was applying make up, I reached for Benefit Hoola every single day to blend my slightly-too-pale foundation with my tanned skin, and contour my face.  It stays put on my oily skin, and is the perfect shade to avoid the 'muddy' look.  Although I took a couple of lip options with me, the only lipstick that touched my smackers was MAC Coral Bliss.  Its such a perfect peachy coral and looks amazing with a tan, making it the perfect holiday lipstick.  If I do manage to find a holiday for September, this will definitely be joining me in my case.

I'm ashamed to admit I've never used after sun before.  I've always just applied moisturiser to any part of my body that's seen a bit too much sun and hoped for the best, but this was a big mistake! I recieved the Lancaster After Sun in the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box so popped it into my case to try out and I love it! It smells clean but not overpowering, sinks in quickly and really helps soothe any burnt areas, leaving me with a lovely tan in the morning!  I will definitely be buying a full-size of this when I run out of this mini bottle!

Honourable mentions: Tangle Teaser Aqua Splash, La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel

What are your holiday favourites this year? Are any of them the same as mine?

4 comments:

  1. Been wanting to try the Benefit bronzer for so long!

    Emgeorgias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I've been toying with the idea of investing in the Benefit bronzer since getting back from two trips abroad and finally having a little colour on my face - my foundation and concealer just makes me look washed out, nowadays! And I'm on the lookout for a nice coral coloured lip product, so I'll have to swatch your recommendation when I'm next in MAC.
    My big summer favourite this year has to be Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced after sun - it has cold cream in it, so is perfect for any skin that's seen a little too much light! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really love hoola, its been my only bronzer for two years now :) i definitely recommend coral bliss - the perfect coral! i'll have a look around for that aftersum next time i'm in town, thanks for letting me know xx

      Delete