Friday 11 October 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Urban Decay Naked Basics Matte Eyeshadow Palette


I tried to avoid buying this for the longest time, but I've finally caved when I spotted it with 10% off in Debenhams.  I already own both the first Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palettes, so tried to persuade myself that the Basics palette wasn't necessary, but who was I kidding?! I love a matte smoky eye, so this beauty is right up my street.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Matte Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Naked Basics Matte Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Naked Basics Matte Eyeshadow Palette

The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette contains six gorgeously pigmented neutral shadows packaged in a small rubberised palette.  It's about half the size of the other Naked palettes, making it perfect for travelling with.  There's one shimmery shade, Venus - a light champagne perfect for highlighting the inner corner.  The other five shades are matte, ranging from a pale cream to a straight black.  The matte shadows are perfect for everyday wear, and the six shades allow you to create a wide range of everyday looks.  As always from Urban Decay, the eye shadows are finely milled, velvety smooth and really easy to blend.  

I'm really loving this palette, I always reach for my Naked palettes one and two for a more glamorous, shimmery night-time look, but Basics is ideal for a laid back look.

6 comments:

  1. I too have been trying to convince myself I don't need this, but you may have just convinced me. It looks and sounds beautiful!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these palettes soo badly!!xo

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still yet to cave in but It's definitely going on my christmas list! Do you ever use the brown matte shade for your brows? I've heard some people do and wondered if it worked well. Venus looks especially gorgeous, knowing me I'll give in by November haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely recommend it - I use it more than my other two Naked palettes put together now! I have used it in my brows, it's a perfect shade! Really easy to apply too - love ittt! xx

      Delete