Thursday 26 December 2013

Five Favourite Lip Products of 2013

My top five favourite lip products of 2013 mac revlon dior blistex

Firstly - Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a fab day yesterday and spent plenty of time with your loved ones.  I had a brilliant day, Christmas is my favourite time of year, and once New Year is over and done with I'll just be looking forward to Spring!

Between now and New Year I'm planning to do a little series of posts about my favourite products of 2013 - they'll be split into categories and I'll be explaining why I love them so very much.  First up: lips.

If you're a regular reader you'll know that I can't cope with out my little blue tubs.  Blistex Medplus is a front runner in the balm stakes in my opinion - as soon as it's applied my lips are smoothed and dry patches are banished, and the moisturised feeling lasts for hours, so regular top-ups aren't necessary.  Perfect to use before bed, before lipsticks, or on days you can't be bothered with anything else.  All year I've had a pot next to my bed, a pot in my skincare stash and a pot in my handbag; how could it not be a favourite?!

For day-to-day wear I have two picks.  During the cooler months back at the beginning of the year and more recently I can't  help but reach for the Dior Addict lipstick in Bow - you can read my full review here.  It's such a easy to wear shade; a pale, glossy pink which complements any eye shadow or blusher choice and doesn't need a lip liner or even necessarily a mirror to apply.  It's so moisturising that it looks good no matter how chapped your lips are, which is so useful in the horrid Welsh weather.  A firm favourite for the winter, and definitely deserving of a place in the top five.  In the summer, on a day-to-day basis I reached for MAC Coral Bliss - review here.  Not only does this have a place in my top lipsticks of 2013 but I'm almost sure it's my favourite lipstick of all time, ever.  Its a perfect coral shade which suits my skin tone, doesnt settle into horrid patches and feels so lovely on my lips.  I honestly wore this all day every day this summer, and I can't wait for the warmer weather to come back so I can get even more wear out of it.

This time last year my lovely boyfriend treated me to MAC Ruby Woo and it was love at first sight - read my post on it here.  For me, this is the perfect red.  The slight blue undertone makes my teeth look whiter, its a matte finish which I really like and its so long lasting.  It's ideal for a night out because it's bold and doesn't need constant retouching, especially if its paired with a lip liner.  If you're looking for a true red lipstick this is definitely the one for you.

Lastly, I've been a bit braver this winter and branched into berry shades.  Although I have a few in my collection now, I haven't really worn them enough to earn top five status (maybe next year?), but the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush definitely has.  To be honest, this year I've been absolutely loving this line in general, and I'm so excited for the release of the matte and lacquer versions early 2014, but I can't put them all in my top five.  Crush is a gorgeous berry shade which can be applied lightly for a hint of colour or layered up for more impact.  After a few hours of wear it fades to a beautiful pinky-purple shade which is really long lasting - top ups aren't needed often here.  

Honourable mentions go to MAC Impassioned, Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic.

What have been your favourite lip products this year? Keep an eye out for my favourite cheek products of 2013 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment