Saturday 5 April 2014

My OPI Nail Varnish Collection

My OPI Nail Varnish Polish Collection

Although lately I've added nail polishes from a range of brands to my collection (Barry M, Essie and Topshop are forever calling out to me), I always find myself going back to OPI, I just love this brand!  The formula is unbeatable - I have quite a collection and every shade is opaque in two coats, creamy and relatively quick drying.  There's a huge range of colours to choose from in every finish possible!  There's also a couple of nail treatments and base coats which I adore; my favourite has to be Nail Envy which has worked miracles on my flaky, weak nails - I've reviewed it in full here.


My favourite OPI polish shade has to be I Eat Mainely Lobster, a gorgeous bright coral with really subtle gold shimmer which is just about noticeable in the sunshine.  Its the perfect shade for fingers and toes in the spring/summer months.  GoldenEye is a close second - a really dense golden glitter which isn't actually that difficult to remove and it's completely opaque in 3 coats which isn't too bad.  This looks so good when paired with a tan so it's always on my toes in the summer, and it's perfect for the festive season.

Nobody does glitter like OPI - they're always high quality and look amazing but, as always, they're an absolute nightmare to remove! It's worth it though for a bit of sparkle, I love popping one of my glitter shades on my ring finger; Gone Gonzo is my favourite blue glitter shade.

Have you tried any OPI polishes? What shades do you recommend? I've got my eye on Where Did Suzi's Man-Go from the new spring 2014 Brazil collection!

8 comments:

  1. Confession:... I have never tried an OPI nail polish! Is that bad of me? Haha, I must try one! x

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not bad of you, but this pay day - get one!! x

      Delete
  2. I adore OPI, I loved the San Francisco collection - favourites being, First Date at the Golden Gate, Peace & Love & Opi and Alcatraz Rocks - I love all their liquid sand varnishes though. I have to pick up some of the sheer tints and a few from the new Muppets collection. I've got a pack of the Brazil minis including Where Did Suzi's Man-Go so I'm looking forward to trying that.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first date at the golden gate looks absolutely gorgeous! i love the little mini sets, such a good idea! x

      Delete
  3. I like OPI polishes! China Glaze used to be my favourite brand, but I just haven't been impressed with it for the past year and a half.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER, MAKEUP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a China Glaze polish, I just love these too much! x

      Delete
  4. OPI is the best! You have a really nice collection! Such pretty colors! My favorite collection shall always be the Pirates of the Caribbean collection, particularly Mermaid Tears and Steady as She Rose. They are a bit on the mute side of the color spectrum (which is weird because I prefer brights) but I gravitate towards those two colors (and Planks-a-lot) way more than I should.

    xxkelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to add mermaids tears to my collection, its a gorgeous shade x

      Delete