Wednesday 23 April 2014

Favourite High Street Lipsticks

My Favourite High Street Lipsticks Revlon L'Oreal Maybelline

Although I'm a bit of a sucker for a MAC lipstick, there are some absolute beauties available on the high street which I definitely don't overlook, in fact on a day-to-day basis I'm more likely to reach for one of these than a higher-end lip colour.  My favourite high street brand for lip products is without a doubt Revlon  -they're dominating my high street lip collection at the moment, everything I pick up from them I fall in love with!


Firstly, the Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout is actually the first lipstick I ever bought, and I still adore the colour.  It's a blue-toned pink which is really wearable but super matte so it's essential to pop a bit of balm underneath - it we're sticking with the high street theme I'd go for Blistex Medplus.  Next up, one of the Revlon Colourburst Matte Crayons in the shade Elusive - this is actually a pretty similar shade and finish to Pink Pout, but it feels much more creamy on the lips.  I like to pop this on if I'm running to the shops or going into uni for a few hours to add a hint of colour to my lips without going over the top, although it does need topping up every four or five hours other it fades to a bit of a patchy mess.  Sticking with the crayons I also love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Crush and Lovesick.  Crush is a gorgeous autumn/winter shade which is a lovely muted berry and fades to a hint of bitten colour.  Lovesick is a bright pop of colour which I can't get enough of when the suns out and thanks to the stain effect it's perfect for days you aren't going to be topping up your lipstick every few minutes.  I recently wore it to Thorpe Park and only topped up once in a full 12 hours! It's also a firm favourite of the boyfriend's - bonus!

The high street also have some pretty impressive lip butters and although I've tried quite a few shades, I always love the corals the most.  L'Oreal Dating Coral and Revlon Juicy Papaya are lovely easy-to-wear sheer corals which are perect paired with a more dramatic eye and feel lovely and hydrating on the lips.  If you're having a dry lip day there are what you need to add a hint of colour while injecting a bit of moisture.  Lastly - a gloss! Now I am definitely not a gloss girl, I usually stick to my lipsticks through and through, but after Anna's raves (here) about these glosses I had to give it a go and I've fallen head over heels.  The Maybelline Colour Sensational lip gloss in Glorious Grapefruit is the perfect non-sticks, delicious-tasting, sheer-colour, moisturising lip gloss which I dare you not to love.  They are an absolute bargain and worth every single penny!

What's your favourite high street lippie? I fancy trying the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks next!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try the new Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition Lipsticks, they look amazing don't they?! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the formula of them sounds so perfect! can't wait to get me hands on one, just have to decide on a shade! xx

      Delete
  2. I agree, Revlon are great! Although the Rimmel Kate Moss collection is pretty good, too!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to admit I've never tried one, dyou recommend a shade? :) x

      Delete