Tuesday 26 August 2014

Beauty Review: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Ole Flamingo


How could I not buy into the hype surrounding these little pots of colour? I've heard claims that these last over 12 hours, withstand drinking and eating and are the most comfortable high-street matte lipsticks ever! Obviously I couldn't resist - I grabbed the shade 05 Ole Flamingo.


You know how they work my now - it's a liquid lipstick with a doe-foot applicator which actually makes it a bit difficult to get a clean line around the edge of your lips, but it's seriously easy to fill in the rest.  It's much smaller than I expected - it's about half the size of my Sephora Lip Creme, but I actually really like the packaging.It really is so comfortable on the lips, really lightweight and not at all drying, it's hardly noticeable at all!  It isn't immediately completely matte, it takes a good ten minutes to dry down to a completely mate finish, but from then on it definitely is a matte product.

Although the lasting power is impressive for a high-street lipstick, it doesn't quite live up to the all-day-all-night claims I've read in some reviews.  It does leave a very light stain on the lips, but it tends to fade quicker inside the lips than around the edges, leaving you with a bit of a strange lip-liner effect.  It definitely needs topping up after eating/drinking without a straw and I probably top it up every six or seven hours, but I'm definitely not complaining about that - apart from my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains it's the longest lasting high street lipstick I own by far!


I absolutely adore the shade - a raspberry pink which is bright without being neon.  It definitely is bold, but it completely lifts my skin tone and it's a colour I love to wear.  I don't have anything similar in my collection, and I've worn it loads lately; it's a perfect colour for when the sun's out so I'm making the most of our temperamental British Summer bursts of sunshine.

I completely recommend this, it's such an impressive lipstick for under a tenner, and I've already got my eye on another shade - I'm fancying Grand Cru, a deep red shade for autumn/winter!  How do you feel about bold matte lips? Do you love them too or are you a sheer or nude girl?


16 comments:

  1. I adore this product so so much, its my pick me up lipstick :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its SO perfect - the formula and colour are amazing! x

      Delete
  2. I love these I have three already, I love the look of this shade though I'll have to swatch it next time I'm in Boots :) xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to grab a few more shades, I'd love your recommendations! x

      Delete
  3. Such a stunning colour!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three of these and I love them all! I have a hotter pink shade Ping Pong and it's stunning! Love how these formulas feel on the lips, so damn comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen so many gorgeous swatches of that shade, I'd have every colour if I could! x

      Delete
  5. That colour looks fantastic - such a deep red.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually pretty pinky, but it is so fantastic! x

      Delete
  6. I really need to try these, i'm loving matte lips at the moment!
    xx
    katedruryy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put of buying one for so long because I wasn't sure if they deserved the hype, BUT THEY DO! x

      Delete
  7. This looks beautiful! I'm absolutely loving this cream to matte finish lip products at the moment, I think they sit so nicely on the lips! :) xx

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I really want to try that! :)

    Btw your blog is amazing. I followed you on bloglovin and GFC. :)
    http://fashiionistah.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete