Wednesday 31 December 2014

What I got for Christmas 2014

I don't usually go for these posts, but this past week I've loved reading about other people's Christmas presents, especially these ones from Becky and Kayleigh, so I'm just gonna go for it this year.  I hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays as much as I am, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.  I've loved having some family time, especially as I don't get to see everyone as often as I'd like since I moved.  I'm not going to show you everything, but here are some of the lovely presents I opened on Christmas morning.


After nine years with my beloved Panasonic Lumix, it finally gave up a few months ago.  My parents kindly treated me to this little beauty  - the Canon S120.  I am in love with it, I can do so much more than I could with my last camera, and I spent a good while exploring all the settings and features on boxing day.  I can't wait to take it out and about with me in Portsmouth and get a few more lifestyle posts up!



I had quite a few beauty bits - I lovelovelove the Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash I've worn one of these lipsticks every day since Christmas.  My favourite so far is Liar - a beauuuutiful nude.  I cant stop changing my nail varnish now that I finally have my hands on the OPI Take Ten set, but the Chanel nail polish in Rouge Noir went straight to the top of my nail polish charts.  Gorgeous colour, amazing formula and it's so shiny on my nails!  It's my first bit of Chanel beauty and I've alread got my eye on more bits from them.  Rob's mum made me the beautiful covered notepad using floral fabrics which is so sweet of her and she also gave me my favourite perfume of the moment - Diesel Loverdose Tattoo.  I've got some new body washes to try out, a huge range of candles to burn and some pyjamas to add to my ever growing collection.  Everyone needs a few pairs of pjs, right?



Rob managed to get hold of this gorgeous black lacy dress from Topshop in my size after I searched everywhere for it and I can't wait to wear it somewhere nice.  My mum surprised me with a beautiful Michael Kors purse in my favourite colour which I cant get enough of and this jewelled necklace from Miss Selfridge among some tasty treats and my favourite haircare bits and pieces.


Lastly, my beautiful Christmassy flowers from Rob.  I adore lillies (hence the blog name) and these are mixed in with red berries and glittery tendrils - they looked perfect sat on the window sill on Christmas Day.

I feel so happy, lucky and grateful to have received these gorgeous gifts and to have been able to spend the day with so many people who mean the world to me.  I want to wish everyone a wonderful new year, and I'm hoping to have a few more posts up at the start of 2015! I would love to read your posts about how you spent your Christmas this year, or what gifts you received, so please either tweet me your links (@lillieslipbalm) or leave them in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh I love what you got! Like everything. I adore the color you got your Michael Kors in! SOOO pretty! I must check out the Urban Decay lipstick stash. I always hear about their eyeshadows but I am always looking for good lipsticks! Posting my Christmas gifts post tomorrow! I love reading these too :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? My mum must have good taste! I'm heading straight over for a read :) x

      Delete
  2. So so lucky, the camera!!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aaaall the heart-eyed emojis! xx

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful gifts! I'm so pleased you had a such a lovely Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete