Saturday 4 July 2015

Brand Focus: MAC


How can someone not love MAC? They have such a huge range of products and shades and formulas that eventually I'm sure we all get drawn to the counters.  I've ended up with quite a few bits and pieces, although it's nowhere near some huge collections I've seen!


When it comes to base products, I haven't heard great things about many of the foundations so I've tended to stay away, but I have picked up a tube of the MAC Prep + Prime Light Boost concealer.  It's a yellow-toned brush on concealer which is more illuminating than covering, I tend to use it under my eyes.  A word of warning - it's pretty pale so beware if you're using it when you've got a bit of a tan.  The only other base bit I have is the Mineralise Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus.  This does a brilliant job of setting my foundation in place without looking at all cakey or unnatural.

I have a few MAC blushers - Melba is a matte peach which looks perfect with a tan, Prom Princess is from the Archie's girls collection and it's a bright pink with a hint of shimmer and lastly the gorgeous Stereo Rose is a Mineralise Skin Finish blush which looks gorgeous in the pan and translates as a shimmery bronze-coral on the skin; no highlighter needed here!

When it comes to lipsticks I have quite a few, most of the shades I own are in this post, but I have added Cut a Caper to my collection since then.  My favourites are definitely Ruby Woo (a true matte red), Rebel (a creamy berry shade perfect for autumn/winter) and Cut a Caper (a sheer peachy coral).

I haven't tried any eye make up from this brand, I love Urban Decay too much when it comes to powder shadows, but I'd love to try a paint pot.  What are your favourite MAC beauty bits?

15 comments:

  1. Melba is so pretty on the skin, one of my faves is the studiofix concealer! such good coverage without looking awful haha

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty, Lifestyle & Health blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro Longwear concealer is incredible, I love it. I have Painterly paint pot and couldn't live without it (okay I probably could be you know what I mean lol). The eyeshadows and pigments are great too.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. god help my bank balance! thank you:)!
      xx

      Delete
  3. MAC has always been one of those brands that everyone seems to just love and adore. I'm a fan of their lipsticks even though I only own one of them! I really need to get my money together and get some more MAC things!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth the money :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Your collection looks fab! I only have one lipstick, Rebel, at the moment but I love it so much so I really want to buy more stuff from MAC. I've got my eye on Mineralise Skin Finish, Ruby Woo and maybe a nude lipstick next :) x

    Peppermint and Panda Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel is gorgeous isn't it! Definitely recommend Ruby Woo!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I always, always want to try more Mac products- I'm just spoilt for choice!
    Love your blog so pretty! X

    www.Brunettecanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only tried on MAC a couple of times, but I've loved every product I have tried. Therefore; I need some MAC makeup (especially lipsticks) right now!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The prom princess blush looks pretty. I have recently tried the Dolly Mix blush and it is beautiful!
    Kirsty x

    www.prettybugblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll keep an eye out for that one!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Rebel is one of my favourite lipsticks, I love to wear it all year round (: I've been after a new powder to help my makeup last in this heat, so I may have to give the Mineralise Skin Finish Natural a go (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rebel too, it's a gorgeous shade :)
      xx

      Delete