Saturday 27 April 2013

April Beauty Favourites

April Beauty Favourites Makeup Skincare

I was lucky enough to have the entire month of April off from university this year, so I've spend the last four weeks back in Wales spending time with my family, friends and boyfriend.  It's been lovely to have some time to relax and -apart from the odd bit of work- forget about university.
The end of March was quite stressful for me, thanks to a lot of assessment deadlines, so my skin took a turn for the worst.  This month I've taken my skincare completely back to basics, using only Simple products to remove makeup and cleanse my skin, prescribed products to combat my blemishes and this The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream to put moisture back into my skin when my prescribed lotions and potions dry it out a bit too much.  I have absolutely loved using this moisturiser over the past month, it sinks in really quickly leaving my face hydrated but still matte. 
I've used my Revlon Lip Butters in Wild Watermelon and Juicy Papaya pretty much every day this month.  They give the perfect wash of colour whilst still moisturising my lips - ideal for spring.  I've been matching these lip colours with my beloved Nars Desiree which appears scarily bright in the pan, but when applied lightly and blended properly, leaves your cheeks beautifully flushed.
Lastly in my favourites this month is the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush from the Starter Kit.  Although this brush is intended for use on your eyes, I find it a little big for applying shadow to the crease of my lid, and much prefer to use it on my face.  This is the absolute ideal brush to use with concealer.  The dome shape makes it into a tiny little buffing brush, which when used in a circular motion flawlessly buffs concealer over any blemishes. I've been using this on a daily basis, and completely recommend trying this!
I go back to university on Monday, and will be spending the next three weeks on placement in a Primary School for my degree, which means I need makeup that can be quickly thrown on in the morning, and skincare to help calm my skin down through all of the stress - I'll definitely be taking tips from Holly's post on stress-busting products.

No comments:

Post a Comment