Friday 4 March 2016

Benefit Mascara Battle: They're Real vs RollerLash

Benefit Mascara Battle: They're Real vs RollerLash  Beauty Makeup Packaging

When I am looking for a new mascara, I find it pretty hard to decide - there are thousands of options on the market, each claiming to do very similar things.  How do I know which ones will make my lashes look long, black and fluttery without ending up comparable to spiders legs? How do I know which ones will flake down my face half way through the day and which will be impossible to remove at the end of the day?  Reading some reviews helped me realise that Benefit know what they're doing when it comes to mascara, but which of their options to I choose?  I received a sample of Rollerlash in a magazine last year, loved it, and kept re-purchasing over and over again.  But until now, I didn't know how it compared to one of the brand's most popular products; They're Real.

Benefit Mascara Battle: They're Real vs RollerLash  Beauty Makeup Packaging

I have a sample sized tube of both They're Real and Roller Lash.  They're Real is apparently the UK's number 1 best selling mascara because it lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts and separates without smudging or drying out.  Roller Lash uses Hook n Roll technology to separate, lift and curl lashes while conditioning them at the same time.  For a full-sized tube, both mascaras as the same price: £19.55.

Benefit Mascara Battle: They're Real vs RollerLash  Beauty Makeup Swatches

Both mascaras add length and volume when applied, and are a true black shade.  There isn't a huge amount of difference between them when applied, but I have found that both are pretty tricky to layer.  I think They're Real is a little bit more prone to clumping than Roller Lash, but the They're Real wand makes it so much easier to separate clumps using the bristles on the end of the brush.

The big difference for me is removal.  I find that Roller Lash is so much easier to remove than They're Real.  To remove They're Real I need to use an oil-based remover and a spare ten minutes, but I can sweep away Roller Lash easily with some Micellar water.

There isn't a huge difference between these two mascaras, and I really like them both, but for me Roller Lash is the winner.  Have you tried both of these mascaras? Which do you prefer?

15 comments:

  1. I've only tried They're Real before and I do like it, but BadGal Lash has to be my all time fave for natural looking lashes! X

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mascaras sound wonderful.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read a few of these Roller Lash vs They're Real types of posts and always find it interesting what people say about them! i'm yet to try either of these but always love reading about which one people love the best:) i really want to try Roller Lash at some point! lovely post:)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I noticed any difference! But I do have They're Real waiting to be used in my makeup bag x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a huge difference, I just prefer using Roller Lash
      xx

      Delete
  5. I use They're Real and it is so difficult to remove! Looks like Roller Lash does add a bit more of a curl. I may try it.

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the other one but I love roller lash! One of my faves by far, it adds so much length to my lashes- it's unreal x

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not tried any Benefit mascaras! I like the look of roller lash more tbh!

    eleanor
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got given both of them for Christmas and I can't tell any difference between them! But I do agree with you on the removal haha xx

    Kimberley // thecolourchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a huge difference really, but I definitely prefer Roller Lash :)
      xx

      Delete