Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Original Beauty Blender

Original Pink Beauty Blender Beauty Makeup Application

It's pretty hard to avoid the hype which has surrounded this pink sponge for years,  I have tried a few similar tools, and I really loved using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, so when I spotted the Beauty Blender on Wowcher for £7, I made my order.

Original Pink Beauty Blender Beauty Makeup Application

The Beauty Blender is a unique egg-shaped pink sponge which expands when wet.  I like to use mine dampened a bit to blend smoothly and flawlessly.  The Beauty Blender claims to not soak up any product, and I agree with this, I feel like very little liquid is absorbed into the sponge; meaning less wasted.

Original Pink Beauty Blender Beauty Makeup Application

I use this sponge to bounce literally anything onto my skin which is a cream, gel or liquid.  Foundation, concealer, gel contour, cream blush, cream highlight... anything. The pointed end is perfect when you want a bit of definition - I use this every day to bounce concealer under my eyes.

When compared to the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge, I much prefer this - it's a better shape for smooth blending, the sponge absorbs less product and it feels more sturdy and durable.  The beauty blender seems to hold just the right amount of water, whereas with the Real Techniques offering I often found it was too wet of too dry.

I love the flawless smooth blended finish this leaves - the name for this product is perfectly matched, I sometimes bounce it over my face before applying powder to make sure everything is all blended with no harsh lines.  At the moment, my Zoeva Silk Finish brush is second best to this little sponge!

12 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this for ages now, definitely have to now!!

    Gemma | www.allthingsgemima.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just started to use a beauty blender, I don't know why I hadn't brought it sooner!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I've been weighing up whether to splash out on this one or to buy the RT version for ages, I think this post has justified me spending a little more!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look on Wowcher - this was £6.99!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I got this in a beauty box and then bought the Real Techniques one once this had worn out - I actually prefer the RT one! I find the shape much easier to use :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the RT one before, but much prefer this - I guess it's all down to personal preference :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love my real techniques sponge quite a lot so I don't know whether to just splurge on this one or not!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been debating over buying a beauty blender for a while but I think your post has decided for me! Great post!!

    Adele-Marie | One Girls Obsession With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it! Definitely check Wowcher for an offer :)
      xx

      Delete