Wednesday 4 June 2014

Longer Lasting Lipstick


Over the last few years I've fallen in love with bold lips, but no one likes a faded lipstick leaving a weird-looking ring around your lip line.  To avoid having to top up my lipstick every hour or so, I've picked up a few top tips to make my lipstick last.


Firstly, I make sure my lips are in top condition with a quick rub-over using the Lush lip scrub.  There's a few flavours but the bubblegum one is definitely my favourite.  Next, I pop on a bit of my Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm for a bit of matte hydration.  After that is lip liner, I'm not fussy on the brand; this one is a Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour lip liner.  I line the edge of my lips carefully before filling in my whole lips.  Lipstick application is next, this one is Ruby Woo from MAC - my favourite red.  I tend to apply, blot then reapply to add to the longevity which is especially useful with glossy lipsticks.  I always pop a lip balm and my lipstick in my bag for on-the-go top ups if necessary, but by following these steps they are needed much less often.

What are your top tips for lipstick application? I'm fancying an invisible lip liner to pair with paler shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment