Tuesday 24 February 2015

MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost


Working a ten hour day has been a bit of a shock after spending three years at uni taking mid-day naps and waking up half way through the day, and the biggest tell-tale sign is the bags under my eyes.  I am still loving my Estee Lauder Flawless Finish Double Wear concealer for coverage, but I was definitely needing a bit of glowy goodness.


The MAC Prep+Prime in Light Boost is a yellow-toned highlighter in a handy pen with a brush-on applicator.  I tend to mainly use it below my eyes in the usual triangle-shape, but I do find myself popping it along my brow bone, on my cupids bow and sometimes along the top of my cheekbones.  I apply this after my foundation and concealer straight from the pen, and I blend it using a Real Techniques Contour brush (it's a bit tricky to blend with a finger).  It lightens and brightens my skin, and when set with a powder it lasts as long as the rest of my face make up - I don't have any trouble with creasing under my eyes or settling into any pores/lines.  It isn't an extreme result - it's definitely a subtle difference on my fair skin, but that was exactly what I was looking for.  A new star in my make up bag, thank you MAC.  

4 comments:

  1. Nice review! I've been into high light pens lately. I always hear good reviews about this high light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! Have been looking for a good highligter!
    XOXO
    http://www.miriammerrygoround.com

    ReplyDelete