Wednesday 5 June 2013

May Beauty Favourites

VO5 Plump it up Volumising Spritz (review), Benefit Hoola, Real Techniques blusher brush (review), La Roche Posay physiological cleansing gel (review), Blistex Medplus, L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black, Dove Summer Glow gradual tan moisturiser

I realise this is a few days late, but there are a few things I have been loving over the last month - the first of which is this gorgeous weather! I don't know about wherever you are, but in south Wales we've had a bit of lovely sunshine - it's even had me cracking out the floral dresses and oversized shades!
I've been really enjoying using this volumising spritz from the VO5 range to add a little something extra to my hair and protect it from heat at the same time.  It smells gorgeous and doesn't leave any residue in my hair.
I've owned Hoola for over a year now, and although it has hit pan it's still going strong.  I use this matte bronzer on a daily basis to contour my face, but during the sunny weather over the last month I've been using it to add a bronzed look to my base by applying it to the areas the sun naturally hits my face .  The shade is perfect for my skin tone, and I love the absence of shimmer - perfect for contouring and leaving a natural finish.
Since receiving the Real Techniques blusher brush I have used it every day.  It's unbelievably soft, the perfect size to apply blusher with and blends products flawlessly, I love pairing it with Nars Desire (review), as it applies the bold powder lightly to leave a healthy colour on my skin.
I use the La Roche Posay physiological cleansing gel twice a day and I adore it.  It easily removes my makeup (not so good with waterproof mascara but I can look past that, as it isn't something I wear often), and leaves my skin feeling soft and completely clean.  No residue is left on my skin, and my acne-prone skin is loving it!
Blistex Medplus is the best lip balm I've ever used.  Slightly medical scent aside, it is incredibly moisturising and works wonders on chapped or dry lips.  I use this religiously under lipstick to give an even finish and I've had this pot on the go for months - this stuff goes a long way!
I've owned L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara for quite a while now, and I go through phases of loving it and hating it  Currently, I'm loving it; it lengthens and separates my lashes beautifully, is long lasting and is a true black shade.
Although we're having a bit of summer at the moment, and my very pale skin is already red-tinged, my legs are a bit pasty after a long winter of jeans and thick tights.  I've been applying the Dove Summer Glow moisturising lotion to my pins every other day and I'm left with a gorgeous even sun-kissed finish.  There is a hint of the usual fake tan smell, but it isn't too offensive and after a shower it's undetectable.  It sinks into my skin quicker than a lot of other gradual tanners I've found, and the colour is olive-toned rather than orange.  This is by far the best gradual tanner I've used in a while.
What products have you been loving this month? I'd love to read your monthly favourites posts - leave a link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment