Wednesday 25 November 2015

How I Cover Acne Scars

How to Cover Disguise Acne Blemish Red Scars Foundation Powder Concealer

Since I was 11, I've had acne.  It started with some under-the-skin blemishes which were painful and sore, progressed to a stage where I didn't want to leave the house, and now I'm working on a skincare routine that works to keep it in check.  Unfortunately, I'm left with red, unsightly scars across my cheeks and chin, so have the task of disguising them as much as possible.



For years I thought heavier coverage bases were the way to go to cover my scars, but I was wrong.  I don't need full coverage all over my face, so when I do use something heavy it ends up looking cakey and unnatural.  I've found the best technique for me is using a lighter coverage foundation paired with layered concealer and a pigmented powder.

Straight after primer, I pop a layer of Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer over my darkest scars and bounce my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge over the area to blend it.  Then I apply Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation over my entire face, trying not to blend too much over the concealer to try not to move the product around.  After buffing in my foundation, I go back in with another layer of Urban Decay concealer over any areas that need more coverage, again blending with a sponge to achieve a natural finish.  Finally, what I believe is the most effective shade - I powder my base using MAC Studio Fix powder.  It has quite a bit of coverage without leaving my skin looking caked in makeup, so is perfect for a final bit of coverage.

How to Cover Disguise Acne Blemish Red Scars FOTD

How to Cover Disguise Acne Blemish Red Scars Face

I do have a couple of pockmark scars which are impossible to disguise using makeup, but this is by far the best technique I have found to cover my red, unsightly scarring which I have on most of my face.

How do you disguise scars and blemishes?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, over the past year I have developed eczema on my face(at the moment you wouldn't be able to tell, but the slightest thing can make it flare up), and I am so self conscious about it when it is bad. I try to keep my face as product free when I am not at work, but when I am at work I use the Revlon Colour Stay concealer, to help disguise it somewhat.

    www.BeautyWanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep my skin product free when I'm lazing around at home too! I've never tried that concealer, but I'll keep an eye out for it, thank you :)

      xx

      Delete