Friday 13 November 2015

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer vs Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Flawless Wear Concealer

Concealer Compare Urban Decay Estee Lauder

Is it me or is this the longest post title ever?!  For months I wondered whether or not to give the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer a shot, I've been loyal to Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Concealer for over a year now, but I finally decided it was worth a try.  Now that I've tried both, I thought I'd compare the two for anyone having a similar dilemma.


Concealer Compare Urban Decay Estee Lauder Shades

The packaging is pretty similar from both brands - the standard twist-lid tube with a doe foot applicator.  As much as I love the Estee Lauder gold accents, I prefer the Urban Decay simple design and unusual metallic purple colour scheme.  Both brands offer 8 shades, I have Light Neutral from Urban Decay which matches my skintone perfectly, and Light Medium from Estee Lauder which is perhaps a tiny bit too dark for me.  When it comes to cost, Urban Decay is killing it - for the same amount of product, Estee Lauder costs £22 whereas Urban Decay is just £17.50.  Estee Lauder Stay In Place Flawless Wear Concealer contains SPF 10 whereas Urban Decay has no SPF, but that isn't particularly something I look for in a concealer.

They both apply and wear pretty well on my oily skin.   Neither seem to move about or disappear when my skin gets shiny, and neither have caused a break out which is pretty unusual for my acne-prone skin.  I can't speak for how they act on dry skin, but I have noticed that the Estee Lauder one loves to cling to a dry patch, whereas the Urban Decay option doesn't seem to act any differently on any areas of my face.

Concealer Compare Urban Decay Estee Lauder

I swore by this little tube for a long long time, but lately I am starting to notice it settle into fine lines, and not blend as well as I would like.  It isn't ideal for use on any dry areas of skin, as it has a tendency to collect in the dry areas, and oxidise, making them even more obvious.  To make this concealer look perfect it takes quite a lot of prep work to make sure your skin is exfoliated and hydrated, and you need to take time to buff it in carefully which I just don't have in the mornings - I love sleep too much!

Concealer Compare Urban Decay Estee Lauder

I really didn't expect the Urban Decay concealer to live up to the hype surrounding it, but I LOVE this little tube.  The shade is perfect, I love the flattened out doe foot applicator, I love that you can build and build and build it without it looking cakey or unnatural but it still covers pretty impressively.  I love the skin-like finish and I love the cute packaging.  And it's cheaper.

So the verdict: go for the Urban Decay one because it's a gift sent from above.

7 comments:

  1. I always struggle with concealers so I'm reluctant to ever splash out on one. The UD one sounds like a good, affordable option so I think I'll give it a try - I love their other products!

    Jodie x
    alajode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant, I am loving Urban Decay lately!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many good things about the UD one! I really want it!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It deserves all of the hype surrounding it, it's brilliant!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the UD concealer its really good!

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete