Monday 26 October 2015

Gin and Olive Bar and Restaurant

Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Sign

Six months ago a cute new bar and restaurant opened on our road, and last weekend Rob and I finally got around to popping in to the Gin and Olive (website).  Although we only had a few drinks, they serve food here too (and by looking at the menu, it sounds pretty good). It's completely different to anywhere else I've visited in Southsea, but I loved it.



Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Decoration

It's decorated in such a unique and rustic way, and there's a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.  I love all of the decorative touches, and spent the first ten minutes of our visit looking at everything on the walls!

Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Cocktails

Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Drinks

Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Cocktail Berry

Gin and Olive Bar Restaurant Portsmouth Southsea Lipstick Stain

The menu boasts a huge range of gins - I had no idea there were so many! The staff are so helpful, and eager to encourage you to try something new.  Rob took our waiter's advice and found himself a new favourite gin! I went for a mixed berry cocktail and loved every sip - it was delicious! 

In the evenings on the weekends, the Gin and Olive is packed with people spilling out onto the pavement, but there is still a friendly, light-hearted atmosphere.  I adore this little bar, and this definitely won't be my last visit - I can't wait to try the food!

6 comments:

  1. This place looks lovely!!! I wish I had similar places where I live! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable, and everyone seems to love it, it's always busy!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Drinks look amazing!!

    thriftylilpixie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted even better than they looked :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous little space, thank you for sharing x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete