Saturday 17 October 2015

Tips for a Better Night's Sleep

Tips for a Better Nights Sleep Kindle PJs Eye Mask Candle Wax Melt Tart Lavender Oil Burner

When my alarm is set for early in the morning to get me up for work, I can't help wanting to make the most of every second my eyes are shut.  I can't stand those nights where I'm left tossing and turning until the early hours of the morning, so I've found a few tips and tricks to make sure I get a good night's sleep.




  • Light a candle
Nothing makes my eyes start to close like a flickering light.  For as long as I can remember I've been a Yankee Candle fan, but lately I can't get enough of putting wax tarts in my little burner or lighting my WoodWick candle next to my bed - I love the crackling sound.
  • Lighting
Rather than the big overhead light, before bed I prefer soft glowing lamps and pretty fairy lights for a dim light to help me drift off.
  • Lose yourself in a good book rather than social media
For years I'd spend the time before I went to sleep scrolling through social media, but the blue-white light from electronic devices mimics daylight so you're less lightly to feel sleepy.  These days I read my Kindle as it doesn't have a lit screen, but of course a paper book is even better.
  • Wear an eye mask
Even though there's a black-out roller blind in our bedroom, there's always some light creeping in from somewhere which will disturb sleep.  Since wearing an eye mask to bed, my sleep is unbroken and undisturbed - I bought this cute floral one for £3 on Etsy.
  • Comfy pjs
There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night because you're uncomfortable.  Choose comfortable clothes to wear in bed to make sure you're warm enough and you can wriggle about as much as you want.
  • Have a soak in the bath
I'll take any excuse to use a bath bomb and relax in the bath, but before bed it really helps.  Pop in a few drops of Lavender Oil to help you drift off.

What do you do to help you drift off?

11 comments:

  1. Great tips! I've started making sure I turn my phone off when I'm going to sleep so I'm not tempted to spend hours scrolling through social media which helps!

    Kimberley xx
    thecolourchronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan, but I use mine as an alarm clock, so I can't do that!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Going offline definitely helps be go to sleep faster but one thing I can't properly sleep without? A fluffy blanket (even if it isn't cold)

    BCfactor Blog | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good idea, I love snuggling up with a cosy blanket too!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Perfect tips! I'm so bad at getting to sleep but I know it's because I'm always on my phone for ages before I try to go to sleep!!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the exact same thing, but I know I shouldn't!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Such great tips hun!

    www.ohstyle.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I love to light a candle and put some scentchips in my scentburner. Never tried the waxtarts but I'm thinking about getting some Yankee ones this month. I like your blog btw!

    Ilse | www.ilsedanielle.com

    ReplyDelete