Tuesday 14 April 2015

MAC Powders


As a seriously oily-skinned girl I am a big fan of powders.  For years I used the Seventeen Miracle Matte powder, then moved on to the less cakey Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder - I used both of these for both setting my make up and topping up throughout the day.  Since finishing university and working full time, my bank account is looking a bit more healthy, so I've tried out a few of the matte black MAC compacts and basically I'm hooked.



Firstly - the MSFN.  I have the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in light which I use to set my foundation/concealer every morning.  It's not cakey, it adds the smallest hint of coverage, it matches my skin colour and it applies like a dream.  It's perfect for setting foundation, knocking all of the others I've tried out of the park.

Next up is MAC Blot powder.  I keep this little compact in my handbag for touch-ups throughout the day.  There's a handy mirror in the lid, the packaging is sturdy and it can be applied with my mini Eco Tools powder brush, so this little anti-shine kit takes up hardly any room in my bag.  This adds no additional coverage at all, but it blots oil like a dream.  Regardless of what I use on my skin, I end up looking slippery by lunchtime so top ups are essential.  A few sweeps of this and my face is back to matte without looking flat or cakey and my foundation hasn't been smeared around my face.

In a nutshell - I love these powders.  With both of these in your stack you've got setting and blotting down.

4 comments:

  1. I have such oily skin too and I always am looking for a good matt powder. Currently I used Rimmel Matte one but the MAC look great.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worked really well to keep oil at bay :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooooooh I didn't know they had a natural mineralized skin finish. I need it. I will have to pick this up because I'm looking for something that provides ok coverage but most of all makes MY skin look good. :)

    doitfortheirony.com / Creative blog for the future obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really light coverage, but makes my skin look lovely :) x

      Delete