Monday 20 July 2015

Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Shell


Last week I turned 22 (I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty twoooo...) and I was lucky enough to receive some beautiful presents.  This little Bobbi Brown beauty was a gift from my Mum after seeing me spot it in my local CCO shop.  This is the first Bobbi Brown product I've tried, and it hasn't disappointed!





Before you even take the lid off the packaging screams luxury.  It's shiny black with gold detailing and a simple brand name.  The lipstick itself is in the shade Shell - described on the Bobbi Brown website as a pale pinky-nude (a pretty spot-on description if you ask me).


The lipstick is really creamy and opaque, and is really comfortable on the lips.  There isn't any shimmer or glitter although it does seem to have a healthy balmy sheen when applied.  The creaminess means it isn't particularly long lasting, but I'm more than happy to re-apply every few hours.  The shade is perfect for day-to-day wear, or paired with a smoky eye if you fancy something a bit more dramatic.


I love this natural beauty, and I can't stop myself swiping it on most days lately - thanks Mum! This might be my first Bobbi Brown product, but it definitely won't be the last - the high quality, gorgeous packaging and extensive colour range has had me back on the Bobbi Brown website adding products to my wishlist already! What are your Bobbi Brown favourites?

28 comments:

  1. This is such a nice everyday shade. I don't own all that much makeup from Bobbi Brown. I've been wanting to try some of their eye products for a while now.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of their eye shadow palettes look gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty subtle shade, I love this and really want to get it now as it seems perfect for my skin/hair :) xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The packaging is super lovely too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it beautiful! Looks lovely on my dressing table :) xx

      Delete
  4. This seems like such a lovely lipstick and what a great neutral shade! I'm yet to purchase anything from Bobbi Brown due to the price, but I'm very tempted after reading this :) x
    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit cheaper them RRP because i got it from a CCO :) its worth the money though, i love it! xx

      Delete
    2. It was a bit cheaper them RRP because i got it from a CCO :) its worth the money though, i love it! xx

      Delete
  5. The shade is gorgeous!


    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg looooove. I don't own any Bobbi Brown products but I think I should check their stuff out! This lipstick looks gorgeous - the perfect nude shade for me xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did i until now but i'd love to have a look at her other products after trying this little beauty xx

      Delete
  7. I've never even considered a Bobbi Brown lipstick! This is such a great everyday shade though, beautiful!

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this color, so gorgeous! I would totally purchase this, but I can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on lip products. Mckenzie
    Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean but seeing as it's a present it's not so bad :) xx

      Delete
  9. That shade looks incredible, I love nude lipsticks!

    Laura Likes Beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never really into nude lipsticks but lately i cant get enough of them! xx

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday!!
    The lipstick shade is absolutely stunning! It looks like Too Faced's Nude Beach, which is my all-time natural lip color.
    I actually just tried a Bobbi Brown product (their summer Sand & Surf Eyeshadow palette) and was super disappointed. Glad to see their lipsticks are not of bad quality! I'll be more likely to try one after reading your post!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ooh i've never tried a too faced lipstick but i'll keep an eye out for that one. What a shame, the shadows in that palette looked like beautiful shades, such a pain that they weren't as good quality as you'd expect from this brand
      xx

      Delete
  11. this is such a pretty shade, looks lovely with your skin tone! x

    Becky | BCKY.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh this is absolutely gorgeous - what a lovely shade!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo this colour looks lovely on you! I love nude lipsticks that are really subtle but really effective. The Bobbi Brown packaging is an awesome bonus too, I love their designs. xxxx

    http://gbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks lovely! isn't the packaging gorgeous?! xx

      Delete
  14. Such a lovely shade! I love the CCO stores, you can grab loads of bargains! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete