Wednesday 13 May 2015

Beauty Mistakes


Oh god.  Yep, all of these photos are of me.  As you can see from these pictures, since I discovered beauty I've loved changing up how I look, not always in a good way! These are some of the mistakes I've made in the past.




  • stripey blonde highlights aren't a good look on anyone - I thought I was the next Britney Spears after having these put in.
  • pink eyeshadow. really.  where were my friends/family to tell me I looked like I had some sort of eye condition.
  • less is definitely more when it comes to fake tan - I think I got a bit St Moriz happy in some of these photos.
  • overplucked eyebrows - thankfully they grew back in after this much abuse, I can't understand why I thought they looked good!
  • too blonde - some people really suit very light blonde hair, but I'm not one of them.  believe it or not these photos are where it looks best, when the sun came out there was a very unflattering yellow tint. nice.
  • I thought the over-layered hair looked choppy and edgy.  I was wrong.
The one positive - I never went for the concealer-lips look.  What are your biggest beauty mishaps?

12 comments:

  1. Honestly, I made all these mistakes too! But we live and learn!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol awesome post! Lucky for me, I have a bunch of older sisters that warned me against over plucking my brows :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! I did warn my younger sister, don't worry! xx

      Delete
  3. My biggest beauty regret is over plucking my eyebrows, they've taken years to grow back. I also regret not blending foundation and other base products around my jawline.
    Natasha x
    www.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitely, or going for a too-dark foundation thinking it made me look tanned, but I just ended up with an orange face xx

      Delete
  4. Love this post! You look so different with blonde/brown hair. Oh I used to be a big fan of the multi coloured eyeshadow at uni, I think one night out consisted of multiple neon shades...I think I burned all the pictures though!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way back to light hair now! I can never choose :) Haha good thinking! Destroy any evidence!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I love this post! You are very brave to share your old pictures, I wouldn't even dare!
    We have all been through the eyebrows, fake tan and very light hair times. Oh god.
    I must say though, your profile picture on the blog is so beautiful :)

    Cylia - http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love looking back at old photos! Thanks lovely

      xx

      Delete
  6. I love this! I wore bright green eyeshadow for about a year when I was 12 and went through a stage of wearing a bright pink flash in my hair! We have all had those moments. Such a great idea for a post.

    Ax
    www.alicerosieallsop.com

    ReplyDelete